Congrats are in order for Annie in Austin, who was the first to name last week's tree as the Tule Tree (El Árbol del Tule) in Santa Maria del Tule, Oaxaca. It's said to have the widest trunk in the world. GardenSage and Larked from Twitter also named this correctly. Congrats to all!
Your clues for this week:
- Many of us associate this nut with the 50th state of the United States. However, it's true native origins are on another island location in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Be careful - these nuts are toxic to dogs.
- The nuts are hidden inside this green husk in a hard shell.
Can you name this nut?
- Sign up today for the Tree and Shrub Newsletter and RSS Feed
- Talk about everything to do with Trees and Shrubs in the Forum
Image by Tatters:) via Flickr